Here are some top tips I have come across to ensure you get the most out of social media:
- Use colour – “researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80.” (Xerox, 2014)
- Use relevant hashtags as they are searchable by other users.
- Use photos and videos because visual content is more than 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Lee, 2014)
- Use relevant images: (Hall, 2015)
- Post at appropriate times: (Kolowich, 2016)
- Tweets have a shelf life of 18 minutes so don’t be afraid to tweet a lot!
Twitter – 3-5 per day
Facebook – 4/5 per week
Instagram – 5/6 per week
- Paid advertising – start with a small budget to see what works and what doesn’t for your audience.
- Run competitions to encourage sharing
- Post content that people can tag others in.
I’d love to hear your top tips!
- Hall, D. (2015) Content with relevant images gets 94% more views [INFOGRAPHIC]. Available at: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/2015-04-06/content-relevant-images-gets-94-more-views-infographic (Accessed: 5 January 2017).
- Kolowich, L. (2016) The best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & other top social networks [Infographic]. Available at: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/social-media-post-best-times#sm.000lxhddo458dyt10ct1v4vvdecwk
- Lee, K. (2014) 9 informative Infographics to guide your visual content marketing. Available at: https://blog.bufferapp.com/infographics-visual-content-marketing
- XEROX (2014) 20 Ways to Share the Color Knowledge. Available at: http://www.office.xerox.com/latest/COLFS-02UA.PDF